Top Autumn arts and crafts activities
It’s felt like a blink of an eye, but the kids are heading back to school again, and Autumn is just around the corner. That said, just because the little ones are now back in class, it doesn’t mean they won’t need entertaining on the weekends!
In case you hadn’t already noticed, we at Dreamy Dens love a good theme. So, what better than getting your little helpers to decorate your home with the best and most popular Autumnal crafts trending right now?!
Luckily, we’ve compiled a few of our favourite Autumn arts and crafts ideas for you to keep the family occupied as the weather begins to shift.
1. To kick off the list, we’re going with one of the easier activities - Autumn garlands! They’re simple, not too fiddly to make, and most importantly - they look great hanging up in the living room. Just go foraging for some bright leaves and pinecones, cut a length of string and attach those bits and bobs with some wooden clothes pegs. Hang them up around the house they’ll look great!
2. Next up on the list are gourd candles. Coming in a range of shapes, sizes and colours, gourds are the perfect way of bringing the outside into your home whilst still being practical! You can even make a day of it and visit a gourd or pumpkin patch with the family and pick your own. Simply cut a small hole in the top of the gourd and pop a tea light inside.
3. Halloween may seem a while off, but it’s never too soon for the little ones! These pumpkin style balls of wool take minimal effort but are a subtle and stylish decoration for the whole family to make. Simply grab a few balls of orange wool and the same number of small pinecones. Each have your own decorative bowl and make your very own Halloween displays to put up around your home.
4. Baking is always a great idea when looking for activities to do with the family. Mainly because you get to eat some yummy treats at the end of it! Our go-to autumn bake is this delicious pumpkin cake. A bit of a spin on the traditional carrot cake, if you time it right you can do it the same weekend as pumpkin carving! Click here to see the recipe. (image courtesy of diyshowoff.com).
5. And last, but certainly not least, we have to mention our autumn themed sleepover dens! A personal favourite of ours, the Autumn Adventure package is the ultimate fall activity. Including personalised eye masks, unique tents and even a pillow log fire, your little ones will feel like they’re deep into the Autumn forest! To see all our sleepover dens and to check availability, check here.
So, there you go - 5 ways of keeping the little ones entertained this autumn. If you’d like to find out more about our Autumn Adventure dens, or any of our other themed sleepovers, click here.
While you’re here, why not take a look at our previous blog? Click here to read.